ILUMYA SUPPORT™ offers comprehensive programs and services to help patients start and stay on therapy.
You can get patients started by enrolling them in ILUMYA SUPPORT™ or sending their prescription directly to any specialty pharmacy provider (SPP).
View Downloadable Resources That Are Critical to Obtaining ILUMYA™ for Your Patients >
ILUMYA SUPPORT™ can provide:
- Dedicated Field Reimbursement Managers to support your practice
- Regionally based ILUMYA SUPPORT™ Case Managers to support your patients and your practice
- Details about plan-specific prior authorization (PA) requirements and assistance with the appeals process for PAs
- Comprehensive patient services, including financial assistance options
- Ongoing support for your practice through status updates and next steps
ILUMYA SUPPORT™ makes it easy to use your preferred SPP
- Our open access network does not restrict your choice of SPP
- Please note ILUMYA™ may be covered under a patient’s medical or pharmacy benefit. Submit information on both at the time of initiating a BI
- Indicate your preferred SPP when completing the ILUMYA SUPPORT™ Patient Services Enrollment Form
If not specified on the enrollment form, SPP referrals will be made according to the payer’s mandate or sent to an SPP in our network
*HCPs can also enroll patients through the ILUMYA™ Provider Portal at www.ILUMYASUPPORT.com.
ILUMYA SUPPORT™ PATIENT ACCESS PROGRAMS AND SERVICES
Early Access Program†
- Commercial patients who receive a PA may be eligible to receive free medication
- Patients will be automatically enrolled in the Early Access Program after ILUMYA SUPPORT™ confirms the completed medical and/or pharmacy PA is submitted to the payer
- Patients can receive ILUMYA™ free for up to 2 years while our ILUMYA SUPPORT™ Service Team works with you to attain coverage for your patients
- Patients pay no more than $5 per dose‡
- Available to eligible patients with commercial insurance
Patient Assistance Program†
- Patients who are underinsured or uninsured may be eligible to receive free medication§
- ILUMYA SUPPORT™ can refer eligible patients to independent third-party foundations to receive other financial assistance
- Financial disclosures may be required
ILUMYA SUPPORT Lighting the Way™ Patient Program‡
- Dedicated patient program helps patients along their ILUMYA™ journey
National Infusion Center Association
- Sun Pharma has partnered with the National Infusion Center Association (NICA) to help your qualified ILUMYA™ patients and your practice find alternative sites of care in your area
†Subject to terms and conditions. Must be enrolled in ILUMYA SUPPORT™ to qualify.
‡$16,000 maximum program benefit per calendar year. Not valid for patients without commercial insurance coverage or if prescription is paid for by any state or federally funded healthcare program, including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, VA, DOD, or TRICARE.
§Income documentation is required. Subject to terms and conditions. Available to US, Guam, Virgin Islands, or Puerto Rico residents only.
ILUMYA™ BILLING AND CODING
Use the permanent J-code for ILUMYA™ issued by CMS for administrative and billing purposes.
For specific coding policies and questions, please contact your local payer or Dedicated Field Reimbursement Manager.
ILUMYA SUPPORT™ is available every step of the way to help your patients and your practice. For assistance, please call 855-4ILUMYA (855-445-8692), Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM ET.
CMS=Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services; HCPCS=Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System; NDC=National Drug Code.
To learn more, contact your Field Reimbursement Manager
ILUMYA SUPPORT™ is here to help your patients start and stay on therapy
INDICATION AND IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
ILUMYA™ (tildrakizumab-asmn) is indicated for the treatment of adults with moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis who are candidates for systemic therapy or phototherapy.
ILUMYA™ is contraindicated in patients with a previous serious hypersensitivity reaction to tildrakizumab or to any of the excipients.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
Cases of angioedema and urticaria occurred in ILUMYA™-treated subjects in clinical trials. If a serious allergic reaction occurs, discontinue ILUMYA™ immediately and initiate appropriate therapy.
ILUMYA™ may increase the risk of infection. Treatment with ILUMYA™ should not be initiated in patients with a clinically important active infection until the infection resolves or is adequately treated.
Consider the risks and benefits of treatment prior to prescribing ILUMYA™ in patients with a chronic infection or a history of recurrent infection. Instruct patients receiving ILUMYA™ to seek medical help if signs or symptoms of clinically important chronic or acute infection occur. If a patient develops a clinically important or serious infection, or is not responding to standard therapy, closely monitor and consider discontinuation of ILUMYA™ until the infection resolves.
Pretreatment Evaluation for Tuberculosis
Evaluate patients for tuberculosis (TB) infection prior to initiating treatment with ILUMYA™. Do not administer ILUMYA™ to patients with active TB infection. Initiate treatment of latent TB prior to administering ILUMYA™. Consider anti-TB therapy prior to initiation of ILUMYA™ in patients with a past history of latent or active TB in whom an adequate course of treatment cannot be confirmed. Patients receiving ILUMYA™ should be monitored closely for signs and symptoms of active TB during and after treatment.
Prior to initiating therapy with ILUMYA™, consider completion of all age-appropriate immunizations according to current immunization guidelines. Patients treated with ILUMYA™ should not receive live vaccines.
The most common (≥1%) adverse reactions associated with ILUMYA™ treatment that were more frequent than in the placebo group are upper respiratory infections, injection-site reactions, and diarrhea.
Please see full Prescribing Information.